Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Bula vinaka, Namaste, Taloha ni, Halo ola keta, Mauri.
Are you curious about how you or your centre/school can better support Pasifika learners? Do you have an innovative approach that could help promote effective and equitable teaching and learning for Pasifika learners? If so, read on!
As part of its charitable awards and scholarships, CORE Education offers an annual allocation to support teachers from Early Childhood Education to Senior Secondary whose hearts are in Pasifika Education. In 2018 this fund will be split into 4 awards, one for each of the following educational levels:
- Early childhood
What is in it for you and your school/early childhood service?
The CORE Education Pasifika Grant provides you with professional and financial support to undertake a teacher inquiry/project aimed at bringing about change in early childhood education (ECE) or classroom practice for the benefit of your Pasifika learners. This award is open to individuals or teams of teachers who are currently employed in early childhood services and schools in New Zealand.
The grant will buy you dedicated virtual mentoring support using CORE’s uChoose customised professional learning and mentoring programme for one year. uChoose operates virtually, so as long as you have wifi, no matter where you live in the country, you will have access.
The grant may also fund some teacher release to work on your investigation and other professional development such as presenting at uLearn. Details of how the fund is to be used will be negotiated with each successful recipient.
- A commitment to the project and improving outcomes for your Pasifika learners and communities.
- The successful applicant(s) will be supported (and required) to share the results of your inquiry through one of the following:
Details of this will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis with each successful applicant.
- To provide regular updates on progress with your inquiry/project. We will keep this simple and brief.
If this sounds like you, then here are the next steps:
- Complete the online application form. Make sure you have discussed this application with your centre/school management and have their support to undertake this inquiry/project.
- You may submit a video as part of your application, but this is not compulsory. If you do, remember to include the link on your application form.
- Send any supporting material that you would like to add to your online application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for selection
Your application will be considered in relation to these criteria:
- The potential of the inquiry/PLD/research to address a gap in current knowledge and practice addressing Pasifika learners.
- The potential of the inquiry/PLD/research to enrich Pasifika learners and communities.
- The potential to ignite significant change in effective and equitable teaching and learning for Pasifika learners.
- Evidence of the applicant(s) experience or potential in:
- innovation or leadership in Pasifika teaching and learning
- leadership or engagement in Pasifika networks
- leadership or engagement in the promotion of Pasifika languages and cultures
- designing teaching approaches or focusing an inquiry into a contemporary educational issue.
- The application answers all questions and is received by the closing date.
The selection panel
- The panel will include a minimum of two CORE Education representatives.
- CORE Education may co-opt other members onto the panel if necessary.
- The panel's decision is final.
- The grant recipient(s) will be notified by 29 September.
- This grant is awarded for the duration of up to a year from the time the awards are announced.
Applications must be received by 8 September to be eligible for selection.
For any inquiries regarding the award or application process please contact email@example.com.